Interested in volunteering for GovHack 2022?
GovHack is free to attend and participate in. Volunteers coordinate all the necessary components for the competition so participants only need to bring themselves and their devices to compete. We invite you to come and learn more about running a Hackathon and working with open government data.
We have a number of different roles available, across all levels! From our International Operations down to Local Event Teams.
How do I apply?
- Read through the roles listed below and click to view the full PD of the role you are interested in- make sure you fit the criteria and are happy with the time commitment involved
- Complete our application form by hitting the ‘apply now’ button at the bottom of this page OR at the bottom of any of the position descriptions linked on this page.
International Operations Team (AUSNZ)
The GovHack International Operations Team is the backbone of our hackathon, spanning across Australia and New Zealand. They support both state and local teams, and coordinate differing aspects of the competition, including but not limited to the marketing, media, digital events and technology. Alongside this, they run the International Red Carpet Awards and provide additional support to regional leads, their teams and other GovHack events. You can view the range of teams available to join below:
Our Local Event Teams are the on-the-ground people that make the GovHack Competition weekend happen. Traditionally, they organised physical events, catering and local sponsorship. With uncertainty still surrounding the world, the role will depend on your region and whether there is a physical event in your area, or if you’re helping out participants online.
Where do these roles fit in the GovHack organisation? Who will I be working with and where do I fit on the team?
See below for our organisation chart.
What if the role I want to apply for isn’t advertised?
We have lots of opportunities available for different positions, across different levels. If a role you are interested in is not listed, the team is possibly filled. However, if you think you have a skill set or are fit for a role that isn’t advertised, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are these roles limited to Australia?
No, all of the roles are open to individuals across Australia and New Zealand. Recognising of course that Regional Roles do require you to reside in that particular region as these positions rely on local knowledge and connections. We see this as an opportunity to build the sector and increase networks and are working closely with New Zealand to achieve this.
How can I get involved?
1. Read through the PD of the role you are interested in- make sure you fit the criteria and are happy with the time commitment involved
2. Complete our form (via the Apply Now button) by answering a few questions and uploading your resume.
A member of the GovHack team will be in touch within two weeks, with an update on your application.
What is GovHacks’ Volunteer Expectations?
– You will do the things you commit to doing and will let the team know when you hit problems
– You will know the skills needed for your role and how to successfully employ them within it
– You will abide by our GovHack Code of Conduct
– You support our Purpose, Vision and Values
– You will be willing to assist when required, when we need things to get done quickly
– You will have fun, learn a bunch of new skills and work within a great team!
Where can I find more information?
Please email email@example.com with any questions you may have.