Summary and Background Information
The GovHack Competition Team ensures the competition is a fair process for all competitors and meets policy decisions made. They are involved in ensuring a fair and equitable competition, with relevant themes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
We are recruiting a team of 2-3 people, who will be led by the Competition Leader to assist with the following tasks:
- Creating supporting documentation and working with the Tech team to ensure all systems are ready for the GovHack competition
- Planning of the GovHack competition in 2020 (14 – 16 August)
- Providing insights and new ideas for the 2020 competition
- Setting up of the Competition Framework and Judging systems
- Liasing with the Technology Leader / Team to ensure all systems and infrastructure are ready for the competition, including hackerspace testing.
- Project management experience
- Past GovHack or a similar large scale Hackathon experience
- Proven personal communication skills
- Proven time management skills
- Strong teamwork skills
- Enthusiastic about technology and digital ways of working
Support and Supervision
This role will be a part of the International Operations Team and will be responsible for providing updates and reporting to the rest of the team.
The time commitment required over the duration of the year will differ greatly depending on the phase of the project, however it is anticipated that a minimum of 2 hours a week will be required. In the lead up for the competition weekend (August) you will be expected to work around 4 hours per week as this is the busiest period (Jun – Aug). During the post-competition phase (Sep – Dec) the hours required will decrease whilst you will assist with judging, working on GovHacks internal systems and projections for the next year.
- Opportunity to network and experience working with motivated and inspiring people
- Acknowledgements that you helped deliver the largest hackathon in the Southern Hemisphere
- Opportunity to gain a reference from skilled professionals in your field