Summary and Background Information
GovHack is the largest Hackathon in the Southern Hemisphere and runs almost entirely by volunteers across Australia and New Zealand. It has been operating for ten years and brings together people from all walks of life, to deliver solutions to community issues by hacking, mashing and remodelling Government Open Data.
GovHack works closely with all levels of Government and has a strong relationship with various sectors within the Federal Government of Australia.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
You will provide insights and advice to the Sponsorship, Data and Community Partnership team when approaching the Government. This role is less operational and more advisory based. Assistance with clarification of Government priorities and requirements relevant to Open Data and strategic utilisation/engagement.
Candidates employed at a Federal level will be highly regarded.
- Passionate about open data
- Confidence in Government policy and strategy
- Background or interest in Open Government data
- Current or past Federal Government experience
- Knowledge of GovHack or a similar large scale Hackathon
- You will be required to attend our weekly video conferences (Thursday 6.30PM EDST)
Support and Supervision
This role will be a part of the International Operations Team and will be responsible for providing updates and reporting to the rest of the team.
The time commitment may differ depending on the phase of the project but as you will be working on the same initiatives year-round, it is expected a minimum of 3 hours a week is required.
- Opportunity to network and experience working with motivated and inspiring people
- Acknowledgements that you helped deliver the largest hackathon in the Southern Hemisphere
A reference can be provided upon completion of a year of volunteering with GovHack.