Summary and Background Information
GovHack is community driven and focussed and we need a strong team to expand our reach into different community organisations and groups.
We are looking to recruit a Livestream Assistant to run our live streaming events. Tasks will include:
- Operation of live streams: setup, start, monitoring, troubleshooting
- Setup test streams to streaming platforms prior to each event
- Provide support to State and Local teams for their digital events
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Access to computer and internet connection that can sustain 720p 30fps live stream being broadcast while ingesting remote visuals
- Skills or experience with or willingness to learn how to curate and publish live events
- Familiarity with OBS and/or live streaming via YouTube and Zoom or willingness to learn
- An interest in open data, education and/or the startup and innovation sectors
- Knowledge of GovHack or a similar large scale digital event
Support and Supervision
You will be part of the Digital Events Team which includes a Digital Events Lead, project manager, technical engineer, and live stream producer/director.
The team will also be supported by Operations Lead and Support for GovHack.
The time commitment will be different depending on when live streaming events are scheduled. It is expected a minimum of 1 hour a week is required, with up to 15 hours during the 5 day virtual conference (3 hours per evening).
- Opportunity to network and collaborate with motivated and inspiring people
- Acknowledgement that you helped deliver the largest hackathon in the Southern Hemisphere
- Opportunity to gain a reference from skilled professionals in your field
- Development of new skills
- Deepen your connection with the innovation and Hackathon community in Australia
A reference can be provided upon completion of a year of volunteering with GovHack.