Summary and Background Information
GovHack is community driven and focussed and we need a strong team to expand our reach into different community organisations and groups.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
We are looking to recruit a team of 2-3 people who will be led by the Community Partnerships Lead to carry out the following tasks:
- creating strategic partnerships and valuable relationships with external organisations such as local governments; community spaces; startup hubs; education institutions to build GovHack’s profile and help us achieve our Purpose.
- engaging with community organisations in the technology, government, data, and creative sectors throughout Australia.
providing support to State and local teams on community engagement
developing and implementing community engagement plans at the national, state and local level.
- Skills or experience in facilitating collaborations between like minded organisations and/or an interest in developing a frameworks for this
- An interest or awareness to engage with the open data, education, startup/innovation sectors
- Knowledge of GovHack or a similar large scale Hackathon
- Proven stakeholder engagement/management skills
- Proven communication and time management skills
- Previous experience using the Google Suite
Support and Supervision
This team will be guided and managed by the Community Partnership Lead who will sit on the International Operations Team, representing the activity and information from this team at the International level.
You will also be supported by the Operations Support for GovHack.
The time commitment may different depending on the phase of the project but as you will be working on the same initiatives year round, it is expected a minimum of 5 – 8 hours a week is required.
- Opportunity to network and experience working with motivated and inspiring people
- Acknowledgements that you helped deliver the largest hackathon in the Southern Hemisphere
- Opportunity to gain a reference from skilled professionals in your field